The original Hotel Orrington opened in 1923 in the bustling suburb of Evanston, Illinois. In 1994 the Orrington closed to prepare for a $34 million renovation project, aimed at drawing business guests, conference events and visitors to nearby Northwestern University.
The renovation called for a 19,000 sq. ft. conference center, 12,000 sq. ft. penthouse and additional improvements.
Cascade Manufacturing designed and built the CFS trusses for the signature roof turrent that completed the penthouse.